10.9.08

there's this song i like: little jackie-the world should rvolve around me

hazim and the new asymptotes
hey. hazim here...again. I have been pretty blurred out lately in my mind. Like, fuzzy. Imagine a blow-dried tuft of orangutan hair. But more fuzzy. My girlfriend's gone back to Sydney or Perth, whichever. She's always going somewhere while I'm stationary. But I'm fine. As long as we're together. I'm fine. Anyhow and ways, the key to not being drowned out by someone who always looks better, smells better, and is totally the bomb is to be sure of what you're worth. And thinking about all the special things I can actually offer, her made me think of this song by Little Jackie, a two member band in the vein of The Ting Tings, who serve hip hop with chewy bubblegom flavors. The best song I've heard from them is "The World Should revolve Around Me". It's braggalicious, like Robyn's "Konichiwa Bitches" but with a hook that you can sing a long at the karaoke to. Through the song, we get that rapper/singer Imani is "an endangered species", that she thinks "about which came first. The chicken or the egg?" and that she won't let you "come between her and her afro". Yups. This beats a session with Dr. Phil any day. Boosts your ego ina pinch. Surly emo-tastic teenagers. Stop sucking on your Thursdays and MCRs and start chewing on Little Jackie. Their album is called The Stoop. There are definitely other highlights on the album, namely "The Stoop" and "Black Barbie". This song is currently doing pretty well on the Uk charts. Enjoy. I sure do. Hazim. Out.

No comments: