10.9.08

i think the hives' last album is underrated. yes. i do.

The Hives! I Like Them Again!
hazim and the new asymptotes
hey. hazim here...again. I've been putting my computer playlist on shuffle, and I've been sorting through what I like and what I don't because apparently, the space in my PC can't support a billion giga-bytes of songs. But yeah, I was listening to The Hives' last album, The Black and White Album. And I don't get why there were negative reviews at all. I mean, when I heard it for the first time, the only track I could bear to listen was the genius "Tick Tick Boom", mainly because this new Hives sounded like the old one. But after a later listen, a later listens, and yeah and yeah, I've discovered that I like more tracks on the album. Such as the brilliant "Try It Again" and the stomping "Hey Little World". True, sometimes it gets samey and there's really nothing that will come close to "Hate To say I Told You So". And sometimes, Pelle Almqvist gets a bit howly and lyrical content is basically about how great they are. But this is an ego worth noting. While Pelle stomps his foot around like he's a Stooge or a Sex Pistol, you get to bop and rock your head until your eardrums bleed. Seriously, I have no idea why Id didn't like this at first. old sound or new sound, it's a good sound. And just because Timbaland was on it doesn't he has pulled off a Nelly Furtado makeover. Yeah? Hazim. Out.


No comments: