9.4.08

there's this song i like:ashlee simpson-little miss obsessive


Hey. Hazim Here...again. Okay...this is most definitely going to put a smackdown on whatever bit of musical taste-related credibility I have left (after admitting I like Hilary Duff's Dignity album), but...well..ummm...see, there's this new song by pop tart Pinocchio that I actually like. Her name's Ashlee Simpson! Haha...yeah...surprise! This song's already been out for a while, but I just got around to listening to it. And I have to say, it's pretty solid catchy pop rock. The material from Ashlee Simpson's latest album sounds good so far. Too bad it's a commercial failure and all. Tom Higgenson is featured on this. His voice is good, but surprisingly Ashlee also sounds good here. ProTools, synthesizers, digital make-up...whatever. If it sounds good, then it's good. I get kinda disheartened whenever a mainstream artist takes a swipe at something more creative and out-of-the-box and it's a fail (cue Hilary Duff's Dignity or Pink's Try This), but when they just jump in the mainstream and ride the currents with connect-the-dot songs, it's a success (Pink's I'm Not Dead).
Anyways, this is good pop. Here's to me waiting for the video. Anything'll be better than the schizophrenic off the wall video for "Outta My Head". Come on guys...give this song some love! It's not so often Ashlee putts out a good song. Or if this is a good omen...a good album. Hey, who knew Mariah would come back or that Dolly Parton would make another album? Hazim. Out.




No comments: