14.7.06

Music2SeeThursday:India.Arie feat. Akon-I Am Not My Hair

Hey. Hazim here...again. I missed a day of being online...I think I almost died. Anyways, get your ChickenSoupForTheSoul books out and some fuzzy kittens and some morning sunlight and uh, anything that might make you feel excruciatingly insanely happy and inspirational. That's just like India.Arie's latest single "I Am Not My Hair". Well, the album debuted at number one on Billboard, so there must be something about the single. I think the original version's okay, but the remix featuring Akon adds a hell of a lot more spice. The song? It's about uh...your hair...and uh, how it shouldn't define who you are.
Okayy...I use like a ton of hair gel every week, so it could be that Ms.Arie is dissing me, haha. But all in all, a great track that I actually found myself humming to myself on the bus ride yesterday morning. Enjoy the video, people. Hazim. Out.


No comments: