23.7.06

CDReview:Muse//Black Holes And Revelations

Muse//BlackHolesAndRevelations
GRADE:OOOOO
Hey. Hazim here...again. Now...I'm a pretty big Muse fanatic. After hearing the single "Supermassive Black Hole", I was expecting quite a bit for their next album. Uh...I took a while to warm up to it but once I did, it totally blew me away. Yeah, this is a great album.
WHATSGOODAnother strong effort, I guess.I really really love the way MattBellamy can switch between sounding like ThomYorke and JakeShears. The single "SupermassiveBlackHole" is the reason why I picked up this album and the main reason why I don't regret buying it. "Map Of The Problematique" is queerly cool and "Knights Of Cydonia" is prolly the best track here. It's their trojan horse and yeah, it's more massive than a supermassive black hole. It's actually got galloping horses mixed with BlackSabbath riffs. Cool, huh? And when he sings "Ooh, baby I'm a fool for you" he almost makes me wish I was gay. Damn...even Prince should take notes. Seriously. It's like techno-goth-funk-something-something-something. It's a sound totally their own and Muse owns it beginning to end.
WHATSNOTSOGOODThe thing lacking is...I don't know. I guess in some parts, you can't really hear Bellamy's voice cuz you're not sure whether to concentrate on the loud techno-heavy music or his screeching. And the lyrics come dangerously close to being GreenDay-ish. "You cast a spell on the country you run, you will risk all our souls". We don't need another preacher please. Muse are a fun band and should stay that way although this album shows Muse being darker and heavier.
GRADEA+. Yesss! I wasn't sure I was gonna like it, cuz people kepy dissing me on the MySpace forums for digging this band, but this album's my guilty pleasure for now. I think everyone should own a copy. It's like...Imagine if Prince fronted a goth-techno band.
HIGHLIGHTTRACKS"Supermassive Black Hole""Knights Of Cydonia""Assassin"
ARTISTWEBSITEhttp://www.muse.mu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»