7.2.06

Grammy Fever





GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. Finally went bowling with my friend. Kinda boring, but whatever. Yeah, the Steelers won the superbowl. Yeah, the Rolling Stones didn't have a wardrobe "malfunction" while performing. But, here's something just as big but maybe not as important or is it the other way around? Whatever. Grammy night. Some people are so excited they gonna piss their pants just thinking bout it. The rest will watch it but couldn't care less who wins. Personally, I was disappointed when I looked at some of the nominees. The fair scale of some of the categories and the lack of presence from other artists made me look at the nominees list like I look at someone picking their nose in public. In other words, disgusting. hahaha. Here are just a few reasons I was disappointed.
1. I know Grammys have a hard time accepting American idol contestants as real artists, but why give Fantasia 4 noms and Kelly Clarkson just two. Wasn't Kelly Clarkson's work in 2005 more groundbreaking than Fantasia's usual R&B.
2. It feels like like Grammys nominated the Gorillaz just to attract more viewers hoping to see how they accept their awards if they do end up winning.
3. Some artists aren't evn nominated, but they definitely deserve it. For example, the Sri Lankan chick MIA is MIA (Missing In Action).
4. Some artists got few noms like Fiona Apple, The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand. I mean, how do you justify gicing Fiona Apple one nomination for the great comeback she had.
5. Everything really comes down to album sales and download sales and sales and sales and sales. It's like if you sell the most, you're probably most likely to win. For example, Coldplay, Mariah Carey.
Some people might shout WHO THE HELL CARES? Winning a Grammy doesn't mean you're the best. It just means you're most liked by the voters.
Well, I don't really know why I care. I should just watch it not get obsessed over it. But really, putting Paul McCartney in the Album Of The Year list almost makes me gag. He's not bad, but he's not excellent. Whatever. The Grammys is still HOT SHIT. Performances include Madonna with The Gorillaz, Paul McCartney, Kelly Clarkson, U2 with Mary J Blige, Mariah Carey, Kanye West and Jamie Foxx, Jon Legend, Christina Aguilera with Herbie Hancock, Faith Hill and more. I'm interested to see how Madonna copes with singing with animated characters. I wish U2 would sing their song "One" without Mary J. I like Mary J,and all but that song is like sacred to me. hahaha.
Anyways, whatever happens at the Grammys will happen. I'll sit on my lazy couch-potatoe ass and watch Mariah Carey sweep the Grammys. And then laugh at Kanye's ego being bruised as he misses out on a few awards. That'll be fun. Hazim. Out.

No comments: