9.2.06

Grammy 2006 Quick ReCap


Kelly Clarkson Prepares To Be Frisked
GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. Just finished watching the Grammys. It wasn't as shitty as I expected cos the performances were awesome. The opener with Madonna wearing that hideous thing was OK. The Gorillaz were cooler. Anyways, other hard-rocking performances include U2 and Mary J Blige singing one of my fave songs "One". Coldplay's Chris Martin was doing his mad scientists thing again running up and down the audience like he was escaping rehab, but the performance of "Talk", especially the guitars were top of the class. Gwyneth should be proud.
I saw Nicole Kidman in the audience. I'm sure she was beaming for Keith Urban's solo set. Gwen had her baby bump and U2 won where others shoulda won. I mean, I love U2 a LOT, but to be fair, album of the year shoulda gone to Kanye's or Mariah's massive albums. Song of the year...yeah, U2 deserved it. The song was supposed to be about Bono's father. I was surpised Green Day got Record Of The Year. I thought Kanye would bag that up, but hey, it was a nice surprise.
Kelly Clarkson had a great night winning two awards. She was only nominated for two, so it musta made her really happy. I didn't expect her to beat out Fiona Apple for the best pop album thing though. Her performance of "Because Of You" was brilliantly done. Kanye West's performance was a little too theatrical whereas the Sly Stone tribute with Joss Stone, John Legend, Maroon 5, Ciara, Fantasia, Steven Tyler was little too chaotic.
I really dug Bruce Springsteen's guitar and harmonica set, singing "Devils And Dust". That was a breath of fresh air. Mariah Carey's bombastic performance reminded everyone that THE VOICE HAS RETURNED. I like it when artists really get into their music. Christina's set with Herbie Hancock was good, but I've got the Herbie Hancock CD and I prefer the John Mayer duet "Stitched Up" more.
Well, overall it was a good show. More exciting than the Oscars ever will be. The winners were
U2GreenDayMariahCareyKanyeWestJohnLegendKellyClarksonTheGorillazMaroon5TheBlackEyedPeasJayZ
SystemOfADownLinkinParkBeyonceStevieWonderShakiraSlipknotTheWhiteStripes
Artists who walked away empty handed include
50CentFionaAppleFranzFerdinandTheKillersGwenStefaniCommonDeathCabForCutieCiaraMissyElliottFantasia
Yeah, well, that's that for now. The Brit Awards are coming next. Not as big, but hey, quite a few big names thrown in there. It's gonna be HOT SHIT. Trust me. I'll update this later. Kinda worn out from the night be4, so until next time. Hazim. Out.

No comments: