30.9.06

Something To Look Forward To! Sugababes And Their Greatest Hits Album!

Sugababes
Hey.Hazim here...again. Now I love pop and the crown for best girl group would have to be between the Beyonce-helmed Destiny's Child, TLC, and the UK's most critically acclaimed and successful girl group Sugababes. Sugababes have gone through like, a million changes in member line-up (in reality, they've had five members/ex-members. so i was exaggerating, so what?). four massive albums, four UK number ones, and awesome funny, sexy music videos to accompany each of their funky-pop girlgroup soul sounding songs. Here's the full track listing of their new CD, Overloaded:The Singles Collection. I honestly can't wait! Haha. "Freak Like Me" is one of my favorite songs in the world. It's so freaking unique and it gets me going.
1. "Freak Like Me" 3:16
2. "Round Round" 3:57
3. "Red Dress" 3:36
4. "In The Middle" 3:53
5. "Stronger" 4:00
6. "Shape" 4:11
7. "Overload" 4:35
8. "Good To Be Gone" ?:??
9. "Caught In A Moment" 4:23
10. "Ugly" 3:50
11. "Easy" 3:36
12. "Too Lost In You" 3:58
13. "Run For Cover" 3:47
14. "Hole In The Head" 3:38
15. "Push The Button"
Looks hot, doesnt it? With a sexy cover like that, I'm crossing my fingers for this to go to number one. This is NOt the end of their career or a sign of it. It's merely the Sugababes saying farewell to Mutya who was the lead singer with the honey-dripping voice that I melted whenever she did a balld with that voice. That voice...it's amazing. I miss her already but I think the new member Amelle Berrabah is a good fit. Let's see if she can fill out Mutya's big shoes. Amelle and Heidi are NOt rerecording the vocals of the former members and all their hit singles will be there. The lead single off this album is called 'Easy'. You can hear it on their myspace music profile pae already. I want it to knock "Sexyback" off the top of the UK charts.Haha. Anyways, I'm posting youtube videos of, in my opinion, their three best singles. They've had a massive career in a short time and deserve respect for the way they carved the girl group sound into different forms, quirky R&B ("Shape"), dance floor monsters ("Freak Like Me"), breaking up anthems ("Hole In The Head"), and stormy ballads ("Stronger"). Fuck yeah, they have an impressive history, so I hope they keep going full steam. Like they sing in their first number one single...freak in the morning, freak in the evening...yeah.Hazim.Out.






No comments: