10.8.06

Damn. Fergie Should Be Feeling Smug Right Now...

Hey.Hazim here...again. Well, it's the weekends and chart statistics start rolling in and I was expecting another weekend where the fabulous NellyFurtado and Timbaland-helmed track "Promiscous" would be sitting ontop of the Billboard Hot 100...but I was wrong. It turns out Fergie's solo single from her upcoming album TheDuchess knocked her off. I really don't get this song, "London Bridge". The chorus is very similiar to Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" and there isnt much originality behind it. I think, the only reason it got to number one is because the song is sung by Fergie herself. So it's more about hype that tricks people into downloading it and blasting the song to the top spot. You won't see me bobbing my head along with it. It's redundant, repetitive, and boring. And Fergie looks waxy. Here, it's the music video for the single. If you like her, you'll love it. If you don't, you'll hate it. Guaranteed, I already hate it. I thought listening to the radio was safe when I found out ParisHilton's "Stars Are Blind" was recieving less airplay. I guess it's still not safe with "London Bridge" hogging the airwaves. Hazim.Out.

No comments: