15.8.06

Breakouts:The Fratellis

The Fratellis
Hey.Hazim here...again. What's up world? What's plugged in yer ears today? I've been listening to a lot of random stuff lately, from ThomYorke (his new solo album, kinda OK), Curve, and uh, Portishead. Good stuff. There's this one new band whose song "Henrietta" I've been blasting like crazy. They're from Scottland (yep, same place as Franz Ferdinand). But just so you know...I don't really like FranzFerdinand anymore. They went all weird after their first album. Anyways, back to TheFratellis. Yeah, that's the name of the band. It's such a gay name. Not gay as in 'queer'. Gay as in weird like 'Hoobastank'. Still, their music is way better than anything Hoobastank could ever hope to muster. They performed on TopOfThePops before the show went to fade, its last episode aired recently. Thei debut album hasn't come out yet, but they have an EP out that you can get through the net. Apparently, that Ep was sold in limited amounts and now that they're becoming famous, one of those EPs is gonna cost you 30 pounds. Sorta like what happened with TheArctic Monkeys. The debut album is called Costello Music, which I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Elvis Costello or not. Alls I know is that I've been playing "Henrietta" and their upcoming single "Chelsea Dagger" a lot lately. I'll bet indie kids are rolling their eyes thinking "we discovered them ages ago waaayyy before you did,Hazim". Who fucking cares? I like their style and their sound, so I'm gonna go around and endorse them. Free advertising courtesy of Hazim. Their songs give the impression that they'd sound great live. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll do a show nearby but if it never happens, I'm hoping there's at least some live footage of them on the net. To visit their myspace music profile page, click here. Or you can check out their simple artist webpage. Hope you like 'em. By the way, they're big in Scotland.Hazim.Out. OfficialArtistWebPage:TheFratellis

No comments: