15.7.06

Breakouts:GymClassHeroes

Gym Class Heroes
Hey. Hazim here...again. Everybody calls KanyeWest a genius but what if you took away the samples he uses in his songs? True, his lyrics are brilliant when he's not talking about himself...but he follows the typical cut and paste formula of rapping over a sample. Piggybacking is for wussies...haha. Anyways, here's the latest Breakouts post. I never knew of this bdan before, but I love the title of their new album and their band itself. They call themselves Gym Class Heroes and they are a four member hiphop group from Geneva, NewYork. Well, even though I just discovered them (I'm so behind on this, I know...), apparently other famous people know of them already like Pete Wentz from FallOutBoy (yeah, the dude who's got nude pics littered all over the net) and Styles P. Now, the reason I mentioned sampling is because most hiphop artists use sampling as an easy way to get a beat, but these guys use instruments...yeah, different, right? And surprise...two white guys in the band! Haha. Anyways, their new album is scheduled for release on July25th so look out for it. The album's title is As Cruel As School Children. And since I love the names of the songs so much, here's a track listing:
  1. 1st Period: The Queen And I
  2. 2nd Period: Shoot Down The Stars
  3. 3rd Period: New Friend Request
  4. 4th Period: Clothes Off!
  5. Lunch: Sloppy Love Jingle
  6. 6th Period: Viva La White Girl
  7. 7th Period: 7 Weeks
  8. 8th Period: It's OK, But Just This Once!
  9. Study Hall: Sloppy Love Jingle Part 2
  10. 10th Period: Biters Block
  11. Yearbook Club: Boys In Bands
  12. 12th Period: Scandalous Scholastics
  13. 13th Period: On My Own Time (Write On!)
  14. Detention: Sloppy Love Jingle Part 3
Well, I think they're good. So yeah, you should check 'em out people. The first single is called 'New Friend Request' which sounds like a reference to MySpace and Friendster...could be, no? If I manage to upload one of their songs so you can sample them, I'll post it here, but for now, visit their website or their myspace music profile page. Aiight? Hazim. Out.
ArtistOfficialWebsite:http://www.gymclassheroes.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CD out today, and it is awesome....fueled by ramen is the future for sure.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»