26.5.06

Travis Was In The Discount Bin Today..."Sob"

TRAVIS//12MEMORIES
Hey. Hazim here...again. Went out with three friends today, just lounging around. We were going to watch XMen3, but we were short of time. Anyways, at the store we were at, they had a discount bin for old CDs and usually they put crappy unpopular CDs on discount like MariahCarey's Glitter ("gag") album. But when I was rummaging through it, I found one of my old time favorite bands in the bin...Travis. Not a lot of people like Travis. I think Chris Martin can be a dick, so Travis suits me more. I't good soft rock fluff, and I like how cliche the lyrics are, but when I found their album 12 Memories in the bin, I almost threw a fit. I've been the longest Travis fan and to see them in that bin almost (ALMOST) made me cry. Yeah, I'm a sissy for likine Travis, but wtf? Why are THEy ranked next to Glitter for god's sake?!?! It's not fair!
Even though I already had a copy, I bought the CD to save them from an unappreciative music lover who only wanted cheap stuff, or worse, the CD being thrown away. "shiver". Some of you's gonna disagree with me and shout TRAVIS SUCKS! I'm still gonna like 'em and having them next to Garbage, ArtBrut, and MIA on my CD shelf makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I know. It's such a gay situation, but whatever. Travis in the discount bin? Not a good sign. If I see a DepecheMode album or TheVines in the bin, I'd be racking up heavy therapy bills.
Hazim. Out.

No comments: