10.2.06

Goodbye Alice In Wonderland...And That Hot Intuition Video


May I Take Your Order?
Jewel Kilcher, The Maitre'D

GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. I'll be going away for the weekend. Dunno if I'll be able to update this site or not while I'm away so I'm putting a few posts. Anyways, anyone remember Jewel? You know, the folk-singer turned pop-singer turned AWESOME SEXY BLONDE BOMBSHELL IN THAT INTUITION VIDEO? Yeah, well after many transformations, miss Jewel Kilcher has decided to be autobiographical for her new record. The new album, coming out in May is called Goodbye Alice In Wonderland. She says that it's the "story of her life". Well, not to diss her or anything, but Lindsay Lohan did something similiar with her recent album and it flopped. Still, Jewel's more talented and not many people acknowledge the fact that she's been around for like 10 years. No Grammys. Not a lot of awards.
I've never been a huge fan of Jewel, but her transformations have been entertaining. My favorite came in the form of that HOT (I keep saying that) "Intuition" video. I actually sing along when it comes on radio. Shameless. Anyways, Jewel's album sales have been steadily declining with every release. It was like she was stuck in a rut after her breakthrough. Hope she finds her niche, cos I don't want to see Hilary Duff's name anywhere near the Top100. Pray that never happens. If it does, I'll have to check my pulse. see if I'm still alive. By the way, the video for Jewel's new single is called "Goodbye Alice In Wonderland" and it's already been released. It was shot on her ranch. Check it out at the VH1 site. I think Jewel's abandoning the trashy blonde look judging from the new video. Bummer...oh well, there's always Beyonce, Shakira, and Amerie music videos. The song itself isn't unique, but whatever. I've got my Jenny Lewis CD on and life is fine. hahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CORRECTION: Jewel did win a Grammy!!