2.2.06

2006: Return Of The Allstars. Don't Fuck Around...




GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. hahaha. I just bought my friend one of those nicotine gums. Told him it's a good way to help quit smoking (he's been doing it since 13 years old). He just looks at me like "Did U Really Have To?". He told me a few weeks ago, he planned to do it as his new year's resolution. Guess not. I'm not bummed out. About 6 of my other friends burn out at least two cigarrettes every day. Who cares? It's their right. I chose not to. Whatever.
Anyways, stumbled across a site that showed MASSIVE musical releases for 2006. I mean, big names, big players. From indie bands to pop puppets. I felt like headlining a few of the bigger names.
First up, we got Belle and Sebastian's new album The Life Pursuit. Now, not many people would admit to being big fans of this band. I'm not one of them, but their music is still cool. They've been around a long time and this is their seventh album, guys. Remember Electric Six. Yeah, well, they are gonna release their next album Senor Smoke on the 7th of February. That's gonna be HOT SHIT. Remember Danger! High Voltage! Hopefully in February, Outkast (You know, Heyyyyy Yaaaaaa!), will release their long awaited movie and soundtrack Idlewild and later on, their (I know it's gonna be awesome) album called Hard Ten. I'm sure a TON of people are hyped bout the Yeah Yeah Yeahs whose new album Show Your Bones is expected to hit stores on the same day as Nelly Furtado's Timbaland produced Loose on March 28. By the way, Rob Zombie's returning too. The Flaming Lips are back! Finally! Finally! Wayne Coyne leads his magic band with their lead single "The Wand" and their new album called "At War With The Mystics" drops April 4th. Pink's I'm Not Dead also expected to hit stores (Who's gonna buy this one?) on the same day. And The Vines (Yessssssss!) have a new album called Vision Valley. Their new sound is supposed to more focused (whatever that means). In the UK, Pet Shop Boys will release Fundamental. I'm hoping it's new material to tap your feet to. I'm not sure anyone's a big fan of the Dixie Chicks, but whatever. Their new album's gonna hit in April along with Drive-By-Trucker's new record. In May, watch out for rockers Tool to hit stores along with Jewel (Intuition anyone? That video was HOT!) who's got Goodbye Alice In Wonderland hitting Tower Records and other CD shops around the world. Ludacris wil also release Release Therapy (no pun intended. The title of the album's deliriously dirty). For those of you macho guys, Red Hot Chili Peppers will release their new album that's supposed to be a double album or something called Stadium Arcadium. That's HOT SHIT. Ice Cube's Laugh Now Cry Later and a new stuff from Gay Icons Scissor Sisters will hit the market too. Unconfirmed release dates include Christina Aguilera (who collaborated with Dido), Justin Timberlake (who collaborated with Nelly Furtado), The Arcade Fire (their latest is still in my CD player), Bloc Party, Elvis Costello, Cursive, Dashboard Confessional (It'll be interesting to see what they come up with after going mainstream with Spiderman 2), DJ Shadow, Eve (This means she's done guest-rapping on other artist's hits), Feist, Fountains Of Wayne, Good Charlotte, HardFi (love this band!), The Hives (love this band even more!), Hot Hot Heat, The Killers, PEARL JAM, The Polyphonic Spree (yawn....), RADIOHEAD! RADIOHEAD!, The Rapture, Kelly Rowland, The Roots, Snow Patrol, Natasha Bedingfield, The Walkmen, Wilco, Jet, Travis, and....THE FUGEES! THE FUGEES!
I you felt unsatisfied by my commentaries and want to find out where I got the stuff from. Click Here.
That was a MASSIVE list. I fanyone looks at the full list, I'm 100% sure they gonna find an artist or band they're looking forward to. I know I am. This is prolly my messiest post, but who the hell cares? Right?
Until next time. Hazim. Out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it true? Red Hot Chili Peppers coming out with an album? Thanks! Now my life is not meaningless anymore!