1.2.06

KT Tunstall


"Look! I Told You There Wasn't Any Dandruff!"
GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. Just got back from checking out a new mall. Got some great stuff there. All cheap. People reading this will prolly say "who cares?" bout that. hahaha. Anyways, like some of my previous posts. I like to feature artists that I think deserve more attention. There's something bout female songwriters that play instruments that makes my ears twitch more than listening to a David Hasselhoff CD (OK, all things make my ears twitch more than listening to a David Hasselhoff CD-but whatever). Can't belive I just mentioned David Hasselhoff twice. Once a decade is more than enough David Hasselhoff name-dropping. Gasp! I just said it four times! hahaha. I need to slap myself.
I mean, singers like Jenny Lewis, Alicia Keys, you know, the ones who write these razor sharp lyrics with awesome hooks, then look all pretty when they do it while simultaneously making their instruments go va-va voom. How can a guy like me NOT get turned on? The latest in the line has already made it big on the UK charts and she's getting frequent airplay in the states. Introducing...KT Tunstall. She's halfChinese and halfScottish or something. There was a rumor that she was a lesbian, but she slammed that one down. She looks hot, sounds hot, makes HOT SHIT. hahaha. Shit's like my favorite word now.
Anyways, consaidering I'm supposed to be an indie freak, KT Tunstall is not a bit indie, but her voice is awesome. Like Dido, but younger with a rawer attitude (not like Pink. Think of a harder hitting NatashaBedingfield). My friend says I'm turning into a sensitive freak show, but that song "Other Side Of The World" made the difference. It's about long-distance relationships and I totally 100% relate. LongDistance relationships never really work. Anyways, here's the track listing for her debut album (It went top 10 in the UK). It's called Eye To The Telescope. Apparently, Sheryl Crow loves this girl. Isn't that like being knighted? hahaha. Check out the lyrics bout longdistance relationships.
Other Side Of The World
Another Place To Fall
Under The Weather
Suddenly I See
Miniature Disasters
Silent Sea
Universe And U
False Alarm
Heal Over
Stoppin' The Lovin'
Through The Dark
Black Horse And A Cherry Tree
That's the final track listing for the US release. I'd recommend "Other Side Of The World" most. I really dig that song. I'm turning into a sissy boy by endorsing her, but like I said modestly be4, if I feature it on my blog, it's gotta be good. Right? Here's a sample lyric from "Other Side Of The World". Her official website is below, but there are other places you can check her out.
The fire fades away,
And most of everyday,
Is full of tired excuses,
But it's too hard to say,
I wish it were simple,
But we give up easily,
You're close enough to see that,
You're the other side of the world to me,

Love that song. I've said it too many songs. Some who've heard her already might go"U kidding?" She's not as good as you say she is". Then I'd reply "I think you're deaf." hahaha. Hey, everyone's got their own opinion on things. Hazim. Out.
KT Tunstall's Official Website

No comments: