28.1.06

We Are Scientists


Thugs Of The New Millenium Sure Look Different
GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. It's really hot here. Feel like going commando actually. Hey, at least I'll look better than my one-nippled neighbor (OK he actually doesn't have one nipple, but he's definitely deformed). Airconditioning. Fans. Listening to triphop. Nothing's working! Anyways, wanted to share and spread the word about an up and coming hot artist. I did Rachael YamagataTheArcticMonkeys and Jenny Lewis if you checked my previous posts. This band is hot stuff. I saw them in BLENDER magazine and decided to go check em out. Indie girls are gonna melt when they hear this music. Perfect for indie couples looking for the perfect "mutualinterest" date. Imagine punkpop crossing over electro rock turf. I know, I know. There's plenty of Franz Ferdinands and Strokes wannabes around, but hey, if I feature it on my blog, it's gotta be good!hahaha. Their major label debut is called With Love And Squealor. If they ever come by your city for a gig, get tickets right away. I heard girls are dragging their BFs to go. Here's a sample lyric from one of their songs called "The Scene Is Dead"

Well Everything's Another Excuse,
To Keep Me From Doing What I Want To,
Like I Would Really Love To Kiss You,
But I Guess I'm In No Condition,

I think they've got lots of gusto when they perform. By the way, I actually had to look up the word "Squealor" hahaha. Hey, nobody's English is pitch perfect. Here's the full track listing for their album.
Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
The Scene Is Dead
Inaction
Can't Lose
Callbacks
Cash Cow
It's A Hit
The Great Escape
Textbook
Lousy Reputation
Worth The Wait
What's The Word

I like to list the album tracks cos you get a sense of how they think when they write stuff. If you want to go to their website. Click here. Until Next Time...Oh, by the way, my parents are back from the Philipines. Got a mess to clean up. Thought I'd put that in the back of my post. hahaha. Hazim. Out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I saw them live once already. they were awesome! cant wait to catch them again when they hit town!

Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New Year Hazim! Gong Xi Fat Chai! Come over to my house on Monday! We have cookies and noodles! My mother invites you! I never heard of the band you posted on. I'll check them out!

Anonymous said...

W.A.S are totally da best new thing around! i can tell ur into indie music hazim! thats cool!