29.1.06

The Ego Of Kanye


GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. The first day of the Chinese New Years was great. i hung around my friend's house, got stuffed and got money. It was awesome. I'm not Chinese but hey, my friends invited me over. Now I'm stting at the computer, full, satisfied, and listening to The Flaming Lips. They got a new record coming out soon. I'm tapping my feet in anticipation 4 their new material.
Anyways, wherever you are in the world, you're mostly surrounded by one common thing-no, it's not oxygen--it's Kanye West. Yeah, he's talented. Yes, he's got a keen sense of fashion. But hell, his ego is bigger than JLo's ass! And that's talkin bout planet mass right there! I'm sure most people know by now, Kanye has appeared on the cover of Rolling Stones dressed up as none other than Jesus himself. I don't know what was goin thru his mind when he agreed 2 shoot like that (maybe it was his idea) but a lot of people are saying he went too far. Maybe he thinks of himself at the same level as Jesus or maybe he was going for something artistic. All I know is he'd better pray the Grammy voters don't look down on his "self-elevation". In my opinion, Kanye is a little kid who's got the chops and is already getting attention, but he wants more. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for...The Cult Of Kanye!hahaha. Hey, Clay Aiken has his own cult. It could happen.With the Aiken cult existing, who needs horror flicks?
Apparently he's taking his song "Jesus Walks" to another level. He's so full of himself now he hasn't got space for nothing else. Actually, he's done some great work in the past and even haters have to admit his albums stand heads and shoulders bove a lot of recent albums. He's got the gift of gab in rapping and his lyrics are a hell of a lot more meaningful than any Hilary Duff song. But with every good thing, there's a con and Kanye's ego's gonna catch his hair on fire (wait, I don't think Kanye's got that much hair. Whatever).
But Kanye's not a pioneer. Not in doing this whole religious taboo thing anyway. PDiddy/Diddy/PuffDaddy/WeirdAssDudeWithIdentityCrisis (whatever u want to call him-and Nas have both done it by hanging themselves on crosses on in a video and Tupac did it on his album cover. Well, I've been reading a few remarks from psychology college professors (Why do I read their crap?) and they say Kanye's "damaged emotionally". Yeah, maybe his dog died when he was nine or something. Heck, everyone's got issues but they don't deal with em like Kanye.
Here are a few of Kanye's "modest" quotes. I'm clearing my throat now.
"Me" His reply when asked about the best thing about hiphop in 2004.
"I Tivo Rap Videos So I Can Study Them. To Learn What Steps To Crush Em All"
"I Wanna Have Ten Songs In The Top Ten. I Had Six"
"I Was The Best New Artist This Year So Get That other Bullshit Outta Here"
"Don't Ask Me Bout The Best Song Of 2005. My Opinion Is The Same As America's. "Gold Digger"
"Why Wasn't "Gold Digger" Nominated For A Best rap Song. That's A Gimme Grammy"
Anyways, so goes on the story of Knaye. Don't get me wrong. I LIKE KANYE's music. I think there will be people agreeing with him and people dissing him. It's just that he's making the lines less blurry and most people don't want to get disconnected from what they already see. Wow. Did I just say something deep? Go me! hahaha. Here are a few links if u wanna read bout him.
Grammy Preview: Kanye West
His Official Site
Kanye's Papa Unhappy With Kanye's Lyrics
Until Next Time. Hazim. Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like kanye. he's cool. he's going to rock the grammys coming up!

Anonymous said...

Kanyedefinitely went too far. I still think he will win a Grammy though.