2.10.08

konichiwa shugo tokamaru!

SONG: "Parachute"
ARTIST: Shugo Tokumaru
RATING: OOOO1/2
hazim and the new asymptotes
hey. hazim here...again. I'm not really into JPop bands or K-Pop or Taiwanese acts or all that boy band craze that even their founder Max Martin has tried to get over. My sister is though. All that Super Junior crap could make my ears bleed. But this guy is pretty cool. Shugo Tokumaru is great for me right now. Coolest out of the Japan actually. It's beautiful perky self aware 60s influenced pop unlike all the J Pop crap filling the markets. This song "Parachute" is from his US debut, Exit, and the album supposedly uses more than 50 instruments. Like Asobi Seksu reborn in a kimono, Tokumaru's voice is soothing and refreshing. Like lemonade on a hot day with a cooling breeze to accompany it. This song is effortless cool and the video is charming enough. I love this. It's evocative. Refreshing. Cool. Cool. Cool. Hazim. Out.


No comments: