28.9.08

yesterday, i hit my head and lost my memory. now, how cool is THAT?!?

Fufufufu. I don't remember. J'oublie! Quelle terrible!
hazim and the new asymptotes
hey. hazim here...again.True story. Yesterday, I was visiting my opthamologist named Dr. Sahimi who I haven't seen for a while. He did my cornea transplant and I've been visiting him for follow up check ups and stuff. I was pretty sleepy cus I had been trying to recover from a 6 hour van trip back to my home (imagine sitting next to a heavy smoker, with two really noisy talkative old Indian lady birds in the front). So, I went and he checked my eyes. Said there was a good but slow progression.
Then, he told me he was gonna get rid of three stitches in my eye. I was nervous.
I'd be nervous even if he hadn't said that I wasn't going to be anaesthetised (that how you spell it?) while he was doing it. Just a few drops of this numbing thing in my eye. But he said that.
Plus I've got a phobia of needles. And his 'kit' scared me. So under the glare of this really annoying light, he poked and prodded my eye. he said I wouldn't feel a thing, but hey, it's so easy to ignore the feeling of needles in your eye while you're still conscious, right?
Speaking of consciousness, I lost that. Yeps. I fell back on the stool, hit my head on the floor loudly (apparently, the nurses outside could hear me), and was knocked out. OK. Not really. My mother, who was there said my eyes were rolling around in their sockets and I was muttering incomprehensibly. It wasn't a seizure. I don't remember much of right before the accident or right after or how long time passed before I regained consciousness inside the waiting room.
When I DID 'wake up', I had forgotten about 12 hours of what happened. I kept trying to remember why I had chosen my outfit (cus I always remember that) or what I was doing there. My mother was beside me. I was scared cus I couldn't remember.
The nurse came out to attend to the my head, which was bleeding from the fall.
I went back inside and I was still trying recollect my memory. I had remembered that my sister was baking cookies the night before, so I was building it around that.
The doctor scolded the nurse for not being there when it happened. My mother was on the phone panicking and telling every soul in her phone book. He sent me for a CAT scan to check, which really wasn't necessary cus it was so expensive. An extra 600 dollars by the way. By that time, I had gained most of my memory back. But I had a huge headache and I felt like throwing up and my eyes were sore cus it felt like a needle was sticking out. Yucks.
Doctors told my mother I'd be okay. The nurse apologized. I went home and slept a long time.


After all this, I'm still freaked out that I still don't remember what happened right before the fall, and right after. Or why it happened. I could have been too sleepy. It could have been my phobia of needles. Or the numbing thing in my eye.

And I regret that my mother didn't whip out her camera phone and record the whole thing. How many people have temporary memory loss and have it on tape? I could have posted it on YouTube, but did my mother tape me being kinda unconscious? Noooo....she panicked. Thanks mother. I could have had 100,000 views probably. Sigh. At least I'm okay. Kinda. I've still got keratoconnus. Haha. Life (kinda)sucks. Hazim. Out.

No comments: