23.4.08

american idol: top 6 perform (a carly comeback)


Hey. Hazim Here...again. I don't normally watch American Idol, but...I mean, I started to at first, but, this season is so boring. Most of the contestants in the top 12 have already had musical careers (albeit failed ones) prior to being on the show. And it kinda spoils the mood for me seeing them pretend to be unknowns. I still update myself every week, but less enthusiastically, like whenever Brooke White takes the stage, I go to the kitchen and whip up some instant noodles. Anyways...despite my apprehensiveness, I did watch it...on YouTube. As in, I watched the individual performances. The top six took on songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber, and so...here's my two cents on their performance.



SYESHA MARCADO: 7/10


Wow. She's bubbly, energetic, and spunky. Better than last week. She sang "One Rock And Roll Too Many". She's better this way. less diva. More dynamite.




JASON CASTRO:2/10


Yikes. Just...yikes. He sang "Memory" like he had needles in his ass. Uncomfortable.




BROOKE WHITE: 2/10


Yikes. part two. She hd to restart her song. She sounded nervous. I liked her in the beginning (her cover of "You're So vain" was awesomeness), but she's becoming paler than she already is. Fading. Fast.




DAVID ARCHULETA: 5/10


Good. Not great. It's weird. Adorable on the outside, but I kinda see an evil robot glint in his eyes (don't you?). His version of "Think of Me".was like what Simon said...pleasant but forgettable.




CARLY SMITHSON: 8/10


Sang "Jesus Christ Superstar". And she SANG it! Kinda shouted it, but I loved it. hated her in the beginning because of the bad publicity and her desperation. But she's an underdog now. And I like underdogs.




P.S Her outfit was cool.




DAVID COOK: 7/10


Pretty good. Not as Daughtry-ish this time around. And thank god. He doesn't look as ego-tistic as usual. "the Music Of The Night" was, in my opinion, a good song choice for him. He coulda done "Don't Cry For Me Argentina". How awesome could that have been?!?




So, uh, props to Carly and David (Daughtry David, not Astro Boy David). I think Brooke will be out. That's all. Hazim. Out.


No comments: