19.11.06

The Return Of Faithless...Fuck Yeah! And Guess What? MTV's Banned The First Single's Video!



Hey.HazimHere...again. One of my favorite bands EVER,Faithless performed at the World Music Awards recently,I think. I didnt manage to catch them so I'm not at all sure. I tried searching for it on YouTube and ended up with nothing. But anyways...triphop and dance always collide beautifully whenever they record an album and I'm sure their new one ToAllNewArrivals is gonna be like that too.Hypnotic.That's the word. Wat other band could have produced a single as perfect as 'Insomia'? After a bit of a hiatus, Maxi Jazz,Sister Bliss, and Dido's amazing cool older brother,Rollo, are hitting back with a new CDfeaturing guest spots for Cat Power,Dido (of course), RobertSmith(yay!), Cass Fox (oooooh), and Harry Collier.

Oh damn,I'm drooling. I always wanted to have a CD with RobertSmith,Dido,Faithless, and Cat Power all in one. I actually get goosebumps listening to the first single 'Bombs' which was,un called for for, banned. Here's whatWikipedia has down:

Bombs is the first single from Faithless' fifth studio album To All New Arrivals. It features Harry Collier from Kubb. The single was released as a download on 2006-10-23 and will be released on CD and 12" on 2006-11-20, one week before the release of the album..

The video, which has already been banned by MTV, shows scenes of everyday life composited with stock footage of war. The result is a stylish, if jarring, juxtaposition of the seemingly innocent with familiar scenes of modern warfare that hints at the degree to which such images now form part of our contemporary consciousness. Children run across the deck of an aircraft carrier, a family skip hand-in-hand through the surf on a beach as a mushroom cloud rises on the horizon and a couple share a romantic meal while troops engage in combat.

Director Greenhalgh told shots.net: "I didn't see the video as particularly political, pro war, or anti war. It's actually a representation of where we are all at right now. War infects all our lives; recently it feels that this has increasingly become 'our way of life'. It is rare to be given the opportunity to shoot a video that is deemed controversial. All I tried to do was make people think about the everyday life we live in our comfortable existences, and the contrast to that through war."


Oh wow. Anyways, if you want to see the video for 'Bombs', the new massive single (even though it's being banned),CLICK HERE. Enjoy. Or you can just watch it on my Blogger site. Haha. Here's the full track listing for the new album with all those awesome guest artists. The album will drop November 27.


  1. "Bombs" (Feat. Harry Collier) 4:58
  2. "Spiders, Crocodiles & Kryptonite" (Feat. Robert Smith) 5:40
  3. "Music Matters" (Feat. Cass Fox) 4:36
  4. "Nate's Tune" 2:14
  5. "I Hope" 5:27
  6. "Last This Day" (Feat. Dido) 5:09
  7. "To All New Arrivals" (Feat. Harry Collier) 5:02
  8. "Hope & Glory" (Feat. One Eskimo) 5:00
  9. "A Kind Of Peace" (Feat. Cat Power) 4:14
  10. "The Man In You" 5:06
  11. "Emergency" 7:43



I loved No Roots, their last album. I'm sure I wont be disappointed about this one. Faithless has never disappointed me and I'm a huge fan.Hazim.Out.
OfficialArtistWebPage:http://www.faithless.co.uk

No comments: