23.1.06

Stereotypes


GenerationNext99
Hey. Hazim here...again. I'm in Singapore now and my parents r still in Philipines. And I'm still free. I got the new album by the Strokes today. First Impressions Of earth. That's what it's called. It's a bit more raw than their previous efforts. Still dig it though. Anyways, when I was in Tower Records, the girl who worked there saw me looking at a Britney Spears CD (just looking-honest!) and just like that (This is the part where I snap my fingers) she assumed I'm a pop guy. It set me thinking-maybe I should go over and check out Korn or System Of A Down while she's following me around the store. I did. Then, I checked out Aretha Franklin. She was confused.
People are judged by what kind of music they like. This is sometimes true. You can see it in the way they dress, their hairstyle, the way they talk. Everybody says I'm quirky. What kind of music defines quirky. So I thought of Nelly Furtado and Bjork and Jason Mraz and Nellie McKay. Quirky means u've got conflicting sides of u so u don't fit under any other label. U're the geek, but u're playing sports left and right. U're a massive metal band fan but u've got disco pop on your Ipod. U fit in, but u don't.
By the way, i'm having a great time with my parents gone. Singapore's great, but Liz (u know who u r), my friend, shops like crazy. Shopping with a hyperactive 18year old girl is not that fun. I was waiting and waiting and waiting evrywhere we wnet, whether it was her in the dressing room, the bathroom, or ordering food. Actually, it wasn't that bad. I got some stuff too.
Quirky. Rocker Dude. Disco Addict. SoulLover. What kind of music defines u? Here's lyrics from a Stereophonics song. It's from the song "Traffic"
We All Face The Same Way, Still It Takes All Day,
I Take A look To My Left, Pick Out The Worst And The Best,
Another Office Affair, To Kill An Unborn Scare,
You Talk Dirt To A priest, It Makes You Human At Least

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hazim. I didn't know u didn't like the shopping we did. You were fun. See you again. Next time, I won't make you wait so long. So tak sabar la u. hmmm? If you didn't guess by now, it's Elizabeth.