13.8.08

rachael yamagata and her elephants

Rachael Considers Consuming The Microphone
hazim and the new asymptotes
hey. hazim here...again. I had a good but mostly boring weekend full of really slow internet connection. The weekend saw me staying in and pretending I was studying hard and hitting the books. I used be so studious. The Starbucks drinking, spectacle wearing, serious faced librarian type who listened to Damien Rice and Rachael Yamagata. And while my love for Damien Rice has been flushed down a toilet bowl, my anticipation for new material from the pixie of posture and mistress of mourning not named Fiona Apple, Kate Bush, or PJ Harvey-Rachael Yamagata, that is, remains strong. She's pretty brilliant with her debut album Happenstance, the way the paino tinkling complements her "Hi-I-Smoke-Too-Much" husky vocal delivery. Anyways, and how, she's releasing a new second batch of new material this year. This new album by Rachael entitled Elephants/Sinking Into Heart will be produced by Bright Eyes and Rilo kiley producer Mike Mogis. Aside from the WTF album title, will have another surprise. It'll be in two parts. Whether this means a separation into two or two different CDs of material, i don't know, but I'm crossing my fingers hoping it's the latter. She describes it as being PJ-Harvey and Tom Wait-ish. Because PJ's voice is smoky like Rachael's, my hopes are definitely up. I love and love and love listening to "Worn Me Down", her best song ever-in my opinion. The acoustic kicks ass too. So I'll post the video and you'll watch it and fall in love with her too. Because this time around, her music will NOT be featured in The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 2. Hazim. Out.

No comments: