18.8.08

anjd when malysia almost didn't win a gold...

"Some Rezona Under Here Would Very Much Be Appreciated!"
hazim and the new asymptotes
hey. hazim here...again. In my opinion, I come from an underdog country that's always being overshadowed by neighbors Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand. Especially on the world stage whether it's sports or politics. But when I found out Lee Chong Wei had made it to the finals of the Men's singles badminton for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, I was kind of ecstatic and proud. So I sat in front of the telly last night with a bowl of instant noodles, thinking it was going to be a long and grueling match for Lee, the world's number two badminton player and the world number one Lin Dan. And it wasn't. Lee looked unfocused and distracted and the horrible Chinese majority crowd booed him (I would have thrown my racket at the crowd for being so noisy) and got annoyingly noisy for their hero. But the boos were few as Chong Wei didn't score a lot of points, sweating profusely and committing simple but costly errors, losing badly to Lin Dan. But Malaysia hasn't won a single medal for a decade more or less. And silver is still something to celebrate, right? So when I heard a someone calling in to the radio station complaining about Chong Wei, it pissed me off. Hey, why don't YOU try and play badminton in the Olympics? Anyways and how, I'm content with a silver medal and I'm happy with Chong Wei, regardless of the terrible loss. Malaysia's still the underdog. It's kind of boring to see China scoop all the medals up, but that's competition, isn't it? Hazim. Out.

No comments: