1.8.08

there's this song i like: wiretree-big coat

Wiretree-Big Coat

hazim & the asymptotes
hey hazim here...again. I'm a big power pop lover. I like my songs adorned with a chorus catchier than Asian Bird Flu. But I also like and appreciate cleverly written lyrics. Now, this song by Wiretree is perfect for me! I love love love it! I love the chorus bit! I love the 'du-du-du-dups' at the end! I love the voice! I love the background music cus it's so lush and evocative! This is probably my favorite song right now and it's been for so many months now. They're like shoegazer pop with a Radiohead glaze. I'd definitely suggest (have done already actually) this to my pop-loving friends. The album is called Bouldin. And I'll post a review of it later. Kevin Peroni goes on like a chirpier Elliott Smith. Now, here's the catch...he's the only guy in the band! That's right! The sound is like a full orchestra but there's one man behind it. Anyways, here's a video with the song attached so you can listen to it. I heart this song and I really suggest you get the album. Another brilliant song is "Feel Me",but for now, here's "Big Coat". Enjoy. Hazim. Out.




No comments: